Texas Cancer Centre draws its human resource from skilled and experienced medical and ancillary services professionals to offer holistic treatment and cancer to cancer patients.
The TCC approach is therefore centered on:
- Early detection
- Palliative care
To ensure the above is met, the hospital offers the following services:
- Outpatient Clinic
- 24hour-inpatient Care and ambulance services
- Nutrition and Counselling
- Pain and Palliative Care Clinic: In palliative care, we focus on providing relief from the symptoms, pain, physical stress, and mental stress of a terminal diagnosis among our patients.
- Cancer testing and Screening: Screening means checking your body for cancer before you have symptoms. Getting screening tests regularly may find breast, cervical, and colorectal (colon) cancers early, when treatment is likely to work best. Some tests have been shown both to find cancer early and to lower the chance of dying from the disease. Others have been shown to find cancer early but have not been shown to reduce the risk of dying from cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a category of cancer treatment that uses one or more anti-cancer drugs as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. At TCC, we use chemotherapy depending on the kind of cancer you have and how far along it is.
- Linear Accelerator Radiotherapy: A linear accelerator (LINAC) is the device most commonly used for external beam radiation treatments for patients with cancer. The linear accelerator is used to treat all parts/organs of the body.
- Radioactive iodine Treatment: We offer this treatment to ablate (destroy) any thyroid tissue not removed by surgery and to treat some types of thyroid cancer that have spread to lymph nodes and other parts of the body.
- Ultrasound and X-ray services: Texas Cancer Centre has invested in hi-tech equipment to provide a modern and dynamic one stop imaging centre which offers, quality imaging services.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation: At TCC we also offer clinically and cost effective intervention for our patients whose lives have been adversely changed by injury, illness or disease.